80% of American companies are using eLearning
218% Higher revenue with eLearning
24% Better profit margins with eLearning
Interview with MarketScale Instructional Designer Brian Runo
Why is Instructional Design important for Online Learning content?
Instructional Design is important for Online Learning content to ensure that the transfer of knowledge is done successfully, within budget, with the most recent knowledge of learning practices employed, and to the highest standards possible.
What are the trends in Instructional Design you are most excited about?
Some of the most exciting trends in Instructional Design for me would be Gamification gaining mainstream popularity, virtual and augmented reality, and experiential learning.
What is the importance of assessments before, during or after course completion?
Assessments are a key instrument needed for determining the success or opportunity for improvement of the learner. Assessments also engage the learner to better determine if the knowledge is being presented in a manner suited for the learner, and give the opportunity for continuous improvement.
How does the Online Learning medium benefit the Instructional Designer?
The online medium benefits the instructional designer more than an in-person class due to the opportunities for scalability, personalization, and evaluation. We can use a multitude of videos to ensure a learners success in the course by presenting the knowledge in various methods. Audio in the form of podcasts can supplement can serve in either presentation of knowledge or as an assessment. Slides can be interactive and present themselves as accessible to learners of all needs. Games can be used to build upon knowledge and offer learners a new methodology for interaction or even to build a core knowledge base.
The Instructional Design Process
- Analysis: Identify learner characteristics, learning goals, delivery options, timeline and pedagogical basis.
- Design: Outline the project’s design strategy, create storyboards, design the learning experience, develop a prototype and apply visual design.
- Development: Compile content assets, integrate technology, troubleshoot problems, and review / revise the content.
- Implementation: Establish a process for training the instructors and learners to ensure all necessary technology is functional.
- Evaluation: Perform a formative and summative evaluation.
Learner Audiences in B2B
- Industry Professionals
- Channel Partners
Online Learning Ideas
- Industry learning content reaching huge audiences, and certifying students, prospects and customers
- New customer onboarding
- Product training for customers
- Lead generating landing pages with open courses and quizzes featuring industry specific content
- Thought leadership content, delivered in episodes
- Employee onboarding
- Employee training and development
- Coaching and motivational content
- Co-branded learning programs with universities and professional associations
- Development of branded certifications for customers, students and prospects to learn industry-specific content and share your brand on their LinkedIn and resume
- Ongoing customer support and knowledgebase
- Live coaching and training
Who would you rather talk to?
We agree. Education is the highest form of marketing. Online Learning makes it possible to educate your prospects and customers to increase brand and product awareness, driving growth.