Five Marketing Trends to Watch in 2019
It seems with each passing year that the rate of change in business is accelerating. This is especially true when it comes to marketing products and services. In this rapidly evolving world, it can be difficult to make predictions, but here are five marketing trends to keep an eye on in 2019.
1. Content remains king. However, it’s no longer enough to just create content, share it, and hope for the best. The world is being flooded with megabytes of content with each passing minute. To stand out from the crowd, you need to create content that engages, inspires action, appeals to emotions, and makes people think. Every blog, video, case study, infographic, or white paper you produce should be something your audience is eager to engage with and share. In that way, you’ll begin to build a trusting relationship with your customers, suppliers, and prospects and open the door for further communication – and sales.
2. Vertical video is in motion. Business people watch online videos to get information quickly in an engaging format. That’s why YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world after Google. But when they’re watching videos, viewers do not always want to turn their mobile devices to the side, so vertical video is on the rise. In fact, Instagram recently launched their IGTV app for watching long-form, vertical video. With IGTV, videos can be up to one hour long, allowing users to share explainer videos, demos, interviews, case studies, 360-degree virtual reality, live streams, and more.
3. Generation Z buying power increasing. The members of Gen Z are now entering adulthood, getting jobs, and increasing their buying power. For marketers who want to be first to capture this new audience, now is the time to pay attention to what they are looking for. Since this generation came of age in a scary world with a struggling economy, they value authenticity and social responsibility, and like to work with those who are trying to make the world a better place.
4. Visual searches are looking good. People are always looking for ways to make their online searches faster and easier. That’s why mobile users are increasingly turning to visual searches. New camera technology makes it possible for people to take a picture of something in the real world and instantly find information about it. Pinterest, for example, recently launched its Lens visual search tool and reports that users conduct over 600 million searches with it every month. That means it’s essential to optimize your site and social media images for SEO.
5. Influencers are not just celebrities anymore. Companies once competed for celebrities to grab attention for their products and services. But today, consumers who crave authenticity are turning to their peers. Savvy B2B marketers are moving from stars and spokespersons to communities of micro-influencers that consumers can better identify with. Moms, for example, are more likely to listen to and trust other moms above brands and so-called industry experts.
Learn more about how MarketScale can help you stay on top these marketing trends by contacting us today.