Join our team!
Become a MarketScale Chief Technology Officer.
Full-time · Executive
Technology and Software Development
About the job
Are you looking for a Dallas based Inc. 5000, Dallas 100 fast growing company to lead technology and software development?
Are you an innovator, a creator, and a developer at heart who can leverage career-long experience with full stack development, database and infrastructure to build the future?
Do you have a passion for product, product, product, a love for Software as a Service (SaaS) and the leadership and managerial strength to lead teams of developers writing best-in-class code, and deploying industry leading applications?
In 2021, MarketScale launched several SaaS and web-based software solutions for the enterprise B2B marketing and media markets, and conducts weekly updates, merges, sprints and innovation.
But with an exciting product roadmap, increased software development expenditure, and an increasingly technical company core, it is very possible that you could help guide our technology products to the next level as Chief Technology Officer.
Reporting to the CEO, our CTO will lead a growing team of in-house and contractor developers collaborating on 3-5 ongoing and future software projects that are customer facing, built on AWS, web based, with PHP Laravel as backend framework.
With considerable autonomy, and opportunity for creative vision, the CTO will collaborate with colleagues and customers alike, to define the product roadmap, improve the methods in use, enhance our technology stack, and accelerate our product development.
In many companies, the CTO role covers both product development and legacy technology infrastructure—this role is primarily product focused. Therefore, the best candidates will be product-centric with significant experience working on, working with, and leading teams of developers across diverse platforms, frameworks, and environments.
Enjoy competitive CTO salary + bonus, stock options, comprehensive benefits including full employee medical, 401K + matching and more, while working downtown at the Bank of America Plaza on the 53rd floor. Enjoy a startup spirit, in an established yet fast-growing company with six years of success in B2B marketing and media, and a blue-chip client roster. Develop and deploy a budget to build the developer team of your dreams, while working with a savvy and successful group of existing developers and solutions architects. Lead digital transformation as MarketScale evolves from a service business, to one built on Software-as-a-Service.
• Develop long term product vision and “how to get there”
• Build and lead teams of developers and associated managers to deliver successful projects
• Interact with everyone from customers, to colleagues and your peers in executive leadership to determine product needs, and operational processes
• Develop budgets and manage to costs, with a focus on ROI
• Prioritize security, user experience and product performance in development
• Ensure MarketScale is building and deploying best in class products built with the latest methodologies
• Demonstrate internal and external leadership and communication and thought leadership relative to MarketScale’s products
• Consistently deliver progress on development projects with consistent, methodical merges, documentation and feedback loops for continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
• Competency at the code level in PHP
• Proficiency with front end frameworks
• Proficiency in AWS
At least five years as a developer during your career
• 10+ total years of experience in enterprise software development, with demonstrated executive leadership experience
"I’ve been able to be true to myself at my job, which has given me a wonderful purpose."
"Since day one, MarketScale has been a place for me to feel comfortable being myself, expressing my ideas, innovating, and presenting my vision to impact the business. Through design and creativity, I can influence what we do as a company and where we are going in the future."
"As a creative, it's always important to stay up to date and learn new skills because the industry, tech, and best practices are always evolving, which is why I'm so glad MarketScale empowers me to continue growing my skill set and crave knowledge."
MarketScale is a B2B content marketing firm and publisher based in Dallas, TX. Work at our downtown Dallas headquarters at Bank of America Plaza centrally-located with access to interstates, airports as well as local cultural and entertainment destinations in downtown, uptown and the surrounding area.
The Chief Technology Officer is a full-time role, with competitive salary, commission, comprehensive medical benefits, 401k and onsite fitness membership.
If you meet the requirements and have a passion for working in exciting industries ranging from IoT and Architecture to Sports, Entertainment and Professional AV, this job could be for you – apply now!