Does Your Brand Pass the Swag Test?
The Swag Test:
To evaluate the impact of your brand, consider the swag test. Offer potential or existing clients a hat or some other bit of wearable swag that bears your brand. Would they wear it like a John Deere hat? If you don’t have the necessary swag, don’t worry. The following questions also work as a useful thoughtg experiment:
- Do/Would members of your target audience want to wear and show off your brand?
- Do/Would they actively seek to identify themselves with your values and voice?
- Does or Would your brand provide customers a means of self-expression?
- Do/Wouldthey want to be part of what your brand stands for? Do they know what that is?
- Do/Would they want to hop on your “brand”-wagon?
Obviously, a brand can still be effective without necessarily inspiring that kind of allegiance. But it’s certainly nice if it does!
What do/would you need to do inspire that kind of brand loyalty?